11. Command to convert all capital letters in file to small case letters
Answer : dd if=file1 of=file2 conv=lcase.
12. The command that Unix offers to a user to find out whether he can send messages to a particular terminal are
Answer : finger -mesg and who -T.
13. when we are executing a shell script the shell acts as
Answer : an interpreter.
14. The output of the command banner ‘Unix Shell Programming’ would be
Answer : A banner showing `unix shell` in one single line.
15. The shell meta character $# represents
Answer : total number of arguments supplied to the shell script.
16. what are the contents of the file /usr/lib/cron/at.deny ?
Answer : list of users who are not allowed to use the ‘at’ command.
17. The command cut -f 2,8 -d’:’ file1 would output
Answer : the fields 2 to 8 from file1 where deliminator between fields is :.
18. The program contained in boot block that loads kernel into memory is called
Answer : Disk Bootstrap program.
19. Which command displays the line numbers by the side of each line?
Answer : set nu.
20. Which statements are true if the file which contains the following line is
submitted to the crontab command.
10 2 3 * 0 echo “There is no substitute for hard work“
Answer : The message is echoed on the 3rd of every month at 2.10 a.m if it happens to be a sunday .