1. If n = 1 + x, where x is the product of four consecutive positive integers, then which of the following is/are true?
Answer : n is odd.
For example, take 1,2,3,4,5 numbers which are consecutive.
2,4 are even which gives even result when multiplied.1,3,5 are odd which gives odd result when multiplied.
even + 1 =odd number
2. A ladder is touching a wall and the base of the ladder is 15 m away from the wall. When the ladder is pulled away from the wall by 2 m, it becomes parallel to the ground. Find the distance of the initial point of contact of the ladder and the wall from the ground.
Answer : 8m.
From the question height of the ladder becomes 15+2=17m
3. Find the number of numbers from 1 to 100 that are divisible by 2 or 3 or 5
Answer : 74.
4. In a party of 40 people, everyone shakes hands with all the other persons exactly once. What is the total number of handshakes happening?
Answer : 780.
Suppose there were ‘n’ people.
Then each shook hands with (n-1) people.
is the same as
Answer : 2^71.
6. How many 3 digit even numbers can be formed such that if one of the digits is 5, then the next digit is 7?
Answer : 5.
there is only one place remaining and if it has to be even number then it should be filled with 0,2,4,6,8 only.
7. Find the least number which when divided by 5 and 9 will leave remainders of 3 and 7 respectively.
Answer : 43.
Try trail and error method
If you take a number its last digit should give a number that is divisible by 5 when subtracted or added with 3
gives a remainder of 7
But in question they asked for least number
so, try with 43
gives remainder 3 and
gives remainder 7.
8. In a 300m race, A beats B by 24m or 6 seconds. Find the time taken by A to finish the race.
Answer : 69 sec.
Given B can run 24m in 6sec
But A completes before 6sec=>75-6=69sec
9. A tank can be filled in x hours, but because of a leak, it takes 40 hours to fill the tank. Find x if the leak can empty the tank in 60 hours.
Answer : 24.
Let the work done by tank A in one hour is
and work done by leak in one hour is
10. X, Y and Z have a total of Rs.224 with them. If their shares are increased by Rs.5, 9 and 2 respectively, then the ratio of their amounts is 3:2:1. Find the original amount with Y.
Answer : Rs.71.
Amount after increasing share=224+5+9+2=240
and sum of ratios is 3k+2k+k=6k
original share of y=2k-9=71