31. A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lengths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a blacksmith to join into a single continuous one. How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
Answer : 2.
32. A family X went for a vacation. Unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. But whenever it rained in the mornings, they had clear afternoons and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 mornings and 12 afternoons. How many days did they stay there totally?
Answer : 18.
33. Fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many minutes past three o’clock, how many minutes is it to six o’clock?
Answer : 26.
34. Everyday in his business a merchant had to weigh amounts from 1 kg to 121kgs, to the nearest kg. What are the minimum number of weights required ?
Answer : 5.
35. There are 600 tennis players 4% wear wrist band on one wrist
Of the remaining, 25% wear wrist bands on both hands How many players don’t wear a wrist band?
Answer : 432.
36. In a class, except 18 all are above 50 years.15 are below 50 years of age. How many people are there?
Answer : None of these.
37. a + b + c = 8. The minimum value of a3 + b3 + c3 is
Answer : 62.
38. Three types of tea a ,b and c cost Rs.95/kg,100/kg and 70/kg respectively. How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of mixture worth Rs.90/kg,given that the quantities of band c are equal
Answer : 50,25,25.
39. Two distinct no’s are taken from 1,2,3,4……28. Find the probability that their sum is less than 13.
Answer : 5/63.
40. In 1978, a kg of paper was sold at Rs.25/-. If the paper rate increases at 1.5% more than the inflation rate which is 6.5% a year, then what will be the cost of a kg of paper after 2 years?
Answer : 29.12.